With the publication of Wolf Girl, it’s time for my favorite thing: book trivia. There aren’t any terrible spoilers here, but it’ll mean more if you read Wolf Girl first.
1. I wrote Wolf Girl for NaNoWriMo in 2011, the first NaNoWriMo I did in my hometown, and I was very quiet at write-ins (#introvert). Suffice it to say, when it came time to share a summary and excerpt from what we’d written, I received a few double-takes.
2. The original title was lengthy for NaNo purposes—The Wolf Girl and the Wizard Genius.
3. I tried to come up with another title, since Wolf Girl is so common. Nothing seemed to fit.
4. The character of Erik Nye was inspired by several things, including some controversies about boob-touching and hugging at conventions, the big bad geek trio in Buffy Season 6, and—to some chagrin—more of myself than I’d like to admit.
5. If I had to cast the main characters, Tora would be Vanessa Ferlito, Erik would be Michael Welch, and William would be Liam Neeson (which is not why I named him William).
6. The first book I’ve written so far that’s without a doubt dark erotica rather than dark erotic romance.
7. Takes place in the same universe as the Sanctuary trilogy.
8. Maya (Fortune, Arcanium Book 1) was my first published Latina protagonist, but Tora was my first written Latina protagonist.
9. The geek guy gangbang is still one of my favorite sex scenes ever. Definitely top ten. After all, they don’t know what’s really going on behind the scenes. They’re just having a good time, and in the end, so is she.
10. Tora was my original furry woman, although Kitty (Ringmaster, Arcanium Book 4) was published first.